The benefits of the California Universal Meals Program extend beyond meal access. Completing your lunch application ensures continued funding, which plays a crucial role in supporting all students. It opens the door for your family to numerous programs like ELOP, Jaxx Scholarships, P-EBT, and CalKIDS. Our goal is to achieve 100% participation.
To complete the application, we offer two convenient options. Visit www.mymealtime.com/apps to submit your electronic lunch application online. If you already have a MealTime account, simply sign in. For those new to MealTime, creating an account is a quick and easy process; just remember to have your student ID on hand. If you haven’t received your student ID yet, don’t worry! You can call the school office to obtain it. Alternatively, if you prefer a paper application, you can request one from the school office. Applications are available in English and Spanish.
Before you submit your lunch application, here are a few essential points to consider:
- Automatic Approval: If you received a letter stating that your children are already approved for free meals for the 2023-2024 school year, there is no need to submit another application.
- Just one application is sufficient for all the children in your household
- Eligibility for free or reduced-price school meal benefits is determined based on any of the following:
- Total household income and size based on the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines.
- Your child's individual status as foster, homeless, migrant, or runaway.
- Participation in an assistance program by any member of your household.
Medical Statement- Accommodations for students with special needs
If texture modification is needed due to a disability, the parent can contact the school and request a special meal by filling out the Medical Statement to Request Special Meals and/or Accommodations form that can also be found on the website. The accommodation request form must be supported by a medical statement signed by a state-licensed healthcare professional (i.e, licensed physicians, physical assistants, or nurse practitioners). A child with a disability is entitled to a special meal at no extra charge if the disability prevents the child from eating the regular meal. Our food provider offers vegetarian, dairy-free, and gluten-free options.