COVID-19 Response and Resources
To translate into a different language, use the translation option located at the top right of the screen.
Para traducir a un idioma diferente, use la opción de traducción ubicada en la parte superior derecha de la pantalla.
Please see guidance and documentation related to Valley Charter School's COVID-19 policies and procedures below.
Link to updated COVID-19 Guidelines/March 2023
Link to Covid-19 22-23 testing schedule
If your child has a household exposure or tested positive for COVID-19, please use these surveys to notify the school:
- Return from isolation: If an individual is returning from isolation after 5 days, they must continue to wear a mask for 5 additional days.
- If a student or staff members is exposed to COVID-19 through a member of their household, they are required to a wear a mask indoors for 10 days.
- If you keep your child home for reasons not related to symptoms of COVID-19, please follow normal absence procedures.
- If you keep your child home because of symptoms related to COVID-19 (fever of 100 degrees or greater, a new cough, congestion, sore throat, diarrhea or vomiting are the most common symptoms but cold symptoms also apply) then you will need to contact the school office. To return to school will require a negative antigen COVID test result.
- As always, if your child has reasons for absence other than illness, please submit a note to the school office.
- Students will NOT be placed into IS for absences that fall into this category.
VCS is a classroom-based school and our model is best delivered through live, in-person instruction. We also believe strongly that students need daily interaction with their teachers and peers to thrive. VCS will no longer be offering long-term Independent Study (IS) as an alternative to in-person instruction because of COVID-19. VCS will continue to offer IS for students in quarantine or isolation; this will follow a similar structure to the previous school year.